Neighborhood Partners Program
The PSEG Foundation invites the nonprofit community to submit an application for program support through the Neighborhood Partners Program RFP. The PSEG Foundation seeks to provide assistance to our communities through the lens of diversity, equity and inclusion, and factors impacting the underrepresented to reduce inequalities and inequities. It is highly encouraged that prospective applicants review the Program Rules section to determine eligibility before submitting an application. Requests must be for an upcoming grant cycle and cannot be backdated for a grant term that has concluded.
All applications will be evaluated by the Selection Committee. Awardees will be selected based on demonstrated program effectiveness, depth, breadth and overall alignment with the PSEG Foundation pillars. Grants ranging from $500 to $15,000 will be awarded. All applicants will receive a notification of approval or declination beginning Sept. 1.
- Nonprofits may receive only one grant per calendar year from the PSEG Foundation.
- The organization must be an IRS-approved 501(c)3 organization.
- The scope of the program must be in alignment with one or more of the PSEG Foundation pillars:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Equity & Economic Empowerment (education and workforce development, thriving communities – neighborhood revitalization, disaster preparedness and safety)
- Social Justice (diversity, equity and inclusion)
- COVID-19 response and relief efforts
- Organization and program must be within PSEG's service territory.
- Requests must be for program support. Consideration will be granted for requests focused on capacity building. We will not consider support for general operating or third-party support.
- Requests must be for an upcoming grant cycle and cannot be backdated for a grant term that has concluded. We will not consider support for the following:
- Individuals and organizations not exempt under section 501(c)3 of the IRS code
- Programs/organizations for which PSEG is asked to serve as the sole founder
- Athletic, labor or fraternal groups
- Sectarian purpose programs that promote religious doctrine or exclude participants based on religion
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or religion
- Political causes, candidates, organizations and/or campaigns
- Organizations with a primary purpose of influencing legislation
- State government, state government agencies, municipalities or municipal agencies
- June 1: Program launches – eligible nonprofit organizations must apply via the 2021 NPP application portal.
- June 30: Program deadline – applications submitted after 11:59 p.m. June 30 will not be considered.
- July 1 – Aug. 31: The Selection Committee reviews all applications and selects winning proposals.
- Sept. 1 – Sept. 15: Announcements and notifications will be emailed.
- Sept. 15 – Oct. 15: Payment disbursement.
Access the 2021 NPP application portal to begin your application.
For technical support with your application, please contact the IT Help Desk by clicking "Need Support" within your application. For inquiries not related to technical issues or program rules, please email CorporateCitizenship@pseg.com.
Please note: Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to provide feedback on specific applications.