Website Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
This Agreement is between you and Public Service Electric and Gas Company, a New Jersey corporation having offices at 80 Park Plaza, Newark, New Jersey 07102 (together, with its parent and affiliates, "PSE&G" or “us” or “we”) and governs your use of the PSE&G Skill on Amazon’s Alexa service on any Alexa-enabled device (the “Skill”). The Agreement applies in addition to, and is not intended to replace, any other agreement that may apply in connection with your accounts for services you receive from PSE&G ("Account(s)").
Your use of the Skill is conditioned on your acceptance of this Agreement. If you don’t accept these terms, you may not use the Skill.
- Privacy and Security: The Skill allows you to use your Alexa-enabled device to communicate with PSE&G, by voice, regarding your Account(s). Your voice is only used to activate Alexa’s features and is not used to authenticate the account. To use the Skill, you will have to speak commands and questions aloud to Amazon’s Alexa service (“Alexa”), and you will receive responses aloud. Any communication to PSE&G via Alexa will be treated by PSE&G as a communication authorized by you, and any communication from PSE&G via Alexa in response to a request received from your Alexa-enabled device will be treated by PSE&G as a communication to you. In other words, you are responsible for all of the interactions with PSE&G via the Skill. For example, it is possible that someone other than you could interact with PSE&G via the Skill, or that someone could overhear you interacting with PSE&G via the Skill and learn information about your Account(s). (Try using your “inside voice.”) It is also possible that Alexa (and the equipment Alexa is installed on) and/or Amazon will record your interactions with the Skill or with Alexa. Consult your agreements with Amazon to learn more about how Amazon and your Alexa-enabled device treat those interactions.
- ACH Debit Authorization: One of the things you may be able to do on the Skill is pay your PSE&G Account balance. You will be given choices about how much to pay (e.g., total amount due or partial payment) and what bank account to use to make your payment. By using the Skill on your Alexa-enabled device, you authorize PSE&G to initiate payments in amounts up to your Account balance. The payment(s) will be initiated on the date(s) you direct Alexa to do so (“Payment Date”), but when you pay using ACH Debit, the timing of the withdrawal from your pay-from account (i.e., the checking or savings account that you use to pay down the bill) will be based on the pay-from account’s processing schedule. In other words, if you pay your PSE&G bill from your Bank X checking account, we’ll start the process when you ask us to (and it usually takes less than two days), but we can’t promise how long it will take overall because it depends on the timing of Bank X debiting your account and sending it to us.
- Third-Party Security Settings: Once you set up your Alexa device with the Skill, you are authorizing PSE&G to provide information to the device based on the device’s security settings.
For example, the settings on your device may allow the device to retrieve information about your Account(s) based on only verbal requests from anyone who uses your device, or to save information about your Account(s) for easier access. By enabling the Skill on your Alexa-enabled device, you are responsible for how the Skill is used (including any communication to or from PSE&G from your device).
- Accuracy: We didn’t design or manufacture Alexa or your Alexa-enabled device. The device also runs other software (e.g., Alexa and other third-party apps) that we did not write or design and do not have control over. It’s possible that Alexa will not hear you correctly, will incorrectly translate what you said, or even say something to you different than the information we provided to Alexa. By accepting this Agreement, you understand and agree that PSE&G is not responsible for inaccuracies in your interactions with PSE&G via the Skill. If you have any issues or doubts about the accuracy of your interactions with PSE&G via the Skill, you can still get your Account details by logging on to your Account(s) on our website at www.pseg.com).
- Pilot & Bugs: We are making the Skill available as part of a limited, early pilot program. It’s possible that there will be bugs. In addition to the possibility of Alexa mishearing you or misquoting us, there’s also a possibility that something might not work correctly, or might not work at all. By getting this special preview and using the Skill, you’re accepting that risk. Again, you do not need the Skill to access your Account(s). All of the information available from PSE&G via the Skill is also available on our website (see “Accuracy” section, above). Don’t rely on the Skill as your sole means of accessing your Account(s).
- Electronic Records and Signatures: By accepting these terms, you consent to the general use of electronic records and signatures in our relationship with you.
- Hardware and Other Requirements: To participate in this pilot and access PSE&G via the Skill, you must (1) have an active residential Account that is in good standing, (2) be enrolled in PSE&G’s My Account, (3) be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and (4) have an Alexa-enabled device, an internet connection, and an Amazon account. You cannot use the Skill otherwise.
- Contacting You: The purpose of the pilot is to give PSE&G customers early access to test and provide feedback. We may seek your constructive feedback on the Skill, including problems you encounter, aspects that work well, and suggestions for improving it. You agree that PSE&G may email you from time to time about your experience with the Skill.
- Changes or Amendments: We may change, suspend, or discontinue the Skill, or any part of it, at any time without notice. We may amend any of this Agreement's terms at our sole discretion by posting the revised terms on our Alexa terms and conditions website. Your continued use of the Skill after the effective date of the revised Agreement constitutes acceptance of the terms.
- Termination: Your rights under this Agreement will automatically terminate without notice if you fail to comply with any of its terms. In case of such termination, we may immediately revoke your access to the Skill.
- Tech Support: During your participation in the pilot, PSE&G may or may not provide technical and other support for the Skill. You agree to abide by any support rules and policies. If such support is provided, it will be provided in addition to any normal support for your Account(s) and will be available exclusively through the pilot while you are a participant.
- Disclaimer of Warranty: YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SKILL, THAT IT IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, AND THAT PSE&G MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. PSE&G EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM PSE&G, OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SKILL, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction; Venue: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to any portion of its choice of law principles that might provide for application of a different jurisdiction's law; provided, however, that to the maximum extent permitted under applicable laws, this Agreement will not be subject to the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act as currently enacted or as may be codified or amended from time to time by any jurisdiction. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the United States District Courts for the District of New Jersey, or if such court does not have subject matter jurisdiction, to the courts of the State of New Jersey located in Essex County.
- Trademark Information: PSE&G trademarks and graphics used in connection with the Skill are the property of PSE&G. All other trademarks and graphics used are the property of their respective owners.
At PSEG, we intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. In general, you can visit PSEG on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information from you, such as your name, e-mail address and/or home address. It is our intent to let you know before we collect information from you on the Internet.
The information gathered from the forms you fill out is used in one of three ways:
- To provide you with information about products, services, news and events
- To allow you to use, purchase and/or download products and services, and
- To gather broad demographic information about user trends.
We will only collect personally identifiable information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to serve our business purposes, and we will maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information.
The site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. When we ask users to enter sensitive information (such as an account number or social security number), that information is protected with security software. All forms on our website are totally voluntary. If you do not feel comfortable submitting information over the Internet, please call a customer service representative at 1-800-436-PSEG.
PSEG will not disclose any of your personal account information without your consent, except in the following situations:
- To help establish programs in which municipalities buy energy on behalf of their residents;
- To render, bill and collect for electric and/or gas services;
- To protect the property of PSE&G; As otherwise required by law.
We use security techniques designed to protect our user data, especially when certain data is used by employees and business partners to fulfill user services. Access to customer data is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their business responsibilities.
PSEG servers automatically gather information about which sites customers visit on the Internet and which pages are visited within a PSEG Web Site. The company does not use that information except in the aggregate.
PSEG.com may ask for information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. We may use contact data from our contests to send users information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings.
A customer may choose not to receive direct marketing communications from PSEG in connection with PSEG services. Upon such choice, PSEG
(a) will not contact that customer directly with marketing messages about PSEG services, and
(b) will not use customer identifiable information obtained from that customer's registration for or use of PSEG services to contact that user with marketing messages about any PSEG products or services. A customer may choose not to receive such messages by e-mail, by mail, or by telephone.
This web site contains links to other sites. Be aware that PSEG is not responsible for practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Please be aware that our disclaimer applies to this Privacy statement.
If you have any questions about the security or privacy at our website, you can send an email to the webmaster.
This disclaimer applies to Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates. References to PSEG are deemed to include each such subsidiary and affiliate.
While every effort has been made to ensure that the information presented on this site is accurate, PSEG assumes no responsibility for errors, omissions, or out-of-date information and shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages resulting from the availability of, use of, access of, or inability to use this information.
Information on this website shall be deemed accurate and current only as of the date it is posted. PSEG specifically disclaims any duty to update. To the extent the information is contained in forward-looking statements, it is intended to fit within the safe harbor for forward-looking information and is subject to industry and financial factors, as well as future events and developments relating to PSEG's business, that could cause actual results to differ from those projected in the forward looking statements. This website also contains third-party information and links to other Internet sites. PSEG takes no responsibility whatsoever for third-party information. PSEG specifically disclaims adoption or incorporation by reference of such information as its own. In addition to links to third party informational sites, PSEG has contracted with several external service providers. Though PSEG has contractual agreements to ensure confidentiality of information, PSEG assumes no responsibility for information that is voluntarily provided.
All images, graphs, text, or other content in this website are, to the extent permitted by law, copyrighted and otherwise proprietary. No reproduction, transmission or other use of this information is permitted without the prior written permission of PSEG.
Any unauthorized modification, tampering or change of any information, or any interference with the availability of or access to this website is strictly prohibited.
PSEG reserves the right to modify the content of this website in any way, at any time, and for any reason without prior notification, and will not be liable in any way for possible consequences of such changes.
In connection with any non-encrypted data you provided to this website, this non-encrypted data may be monitored and information may be disclosed to the U.S. Government to protect a PSEG’s network from unauthorized usage or penetration.
PSEG reserves all legal rights and remedies available to it with respect to this website. This disclaimer shall in no way be deemed a limitation on or waiver of any other rights PSEG may have.