Transitioning from the Military
PSEG values the work ethics and technical skills learned through your military experience. Whether you are an active military professional or retired veteran, we want you to consider a rewarding career with PSEG.
- Differential pay and time off for active-duty training in reserve units.
- Differential pay and leave of absence during mobilization/deployment.
- Health care for you and your eligible dependents at no cost to you, during mobilization/deployment.
- Basic life insurance at no cost to you, for the first 12 months of your mobilization/ deployment.
- Service and pay you would have received if actively working, will continue to be credited to your pension during your period of mobilization/deployment.
- Ability to make up your 401(k) contributions, and receive company matching contributions, upon return from your mobilization/deployment.
- GI Training program
- PSEG Vets employee resource group established to provide support and useful information to PSEG veterans, active, guard and reserve military professionals.
More Information About Your Transition from the Military
In addition, to make it easier for you to identify career opportunities that best align with the knowledge, skills and abilities acquired in the military, below are links to free "translators" you can use to make the connection to civilian jobs.
While we’re one of New Jersey’s largest employers, with us you’re never just a number—you’re a valued contributor who we empower to grow as far as your ambition and skills can take you. Discover the broad range of opportunities available to you here at PSEG—and here in a state that is a great place to work, live and play.
- Military.com Skills Translator powered by Monster
- New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
- O*NET online - Includes apprenticeships, education, translators
- Troops to Energy Jobs
- U. S. Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration
Learn more about other opportunities available here in a state that is a great place, to work, live, and play.