PSEG Foundation Provides Support to Our Communities Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The PSEG Foundation announced it has committed $2.5 million in response to the COVID-19 pandemic that is devastating many of our communities. In the months to come, the Foundation will provide grants directed toward regional nonprofits – such as food banks and organizations providing health and social services to the community – and neighborhood and grassroots organizations, all aimed at addressing and supporting those suffering from the medical, social and economic impacts of COVID-19. Read more
PSEG Foundation Response to COVID-19
- PSEG Foundation Commits $2.5 Million to Support Medical, Social and Economic Needs of our Communities Amid Devastating COVID-19 Pandemic Read more
Who We Help
- Read the blog post from one of our Foundation team members on the importance of philanthropy in times of humanitarian crisis.
- The PSEG Foundation is supporting the Community FoodBank of New Jersey in its response to critical community needs throughout New Jersey as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. The Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ) is New Jersey's largest anti-hunger organization that works with over 1,000 community organizations and partners in the state. The PSEG Foundation provided The Community FoodBank of New Jersey a grant of $45,000 to address rising food insecurity. Read more
- PSEG Long Island and the PSEG Foundation are supporting the Island Harvest Food Bank in its response to critical community needs throughout Long Island as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. The mission of Island Harvest Food Bank is to end hunger and reduce food waste on Long Island. The PSEG Foundation provided the Island Harvest Food Bank a grant of $45,000 to address rising food insecurity, including children who do not have access to school feeding programs because their schools are temporarily closed because of the public health crisis. Read more
- Messages to Customers from Ralph Izzo, Chairman, President and CEO:
- PSEG Donates 200,000 Pairs of Gloves to State to Support Response by Health Care and First Responders During COVID-19 Pandemic. Read more
- PSEG Donates 50,000 N95 Masks to Aid Response by Health Care and First Responders During COVID-19 Pandemic. Read more
How We Help
- Neighborhood COVID-19 Pandemic RFP – From April 20, 2020 thru May 31, 2020, the PSEG Foundation hosted a special RFP for local nonprofits demonstrating support, services and impact from the COVID-19 pandemic.* Grant approvals are underway and will range from $500-$5,000. The application is now closed.
- The PSEG Employee Crisis Fund is there to support our employees and their families in non-taxable dollars for emergency and basic living needs. Learn more
- Matching Gift Campaign – From April 27, 2020 thru May 31, 2020, the The PSEG Foundation offered is offering a 2:1 match for employee charitable contributions to select health and human service nonprofits providing COVID-19 relief and response. These nonprofits and Family Success Centers were eligible.
* Organizations will only qualify for one grant per calendar year from the PSEG Foundation.