Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion makes things work for our employees, our business operations, our customers and our community.
Diversity and inclusion makes things work for our employees, our business operations, our customers and our community. Providing energy and energy services to one of most diverse regions in the nation is an important distinction for PSEG.
As a responsible corporate citizen and a leader in the energy field, we know that reflecting, valuing and leveraging diversity and inclusion means we'll continue to attract different people with different minds who bring us better ideas and the best solutions.
We are on a journey to continuously bolster our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Active participation from employees in a whole range of efforts – from the PSEG Diversity and Inclusion Council as well as our sub councils and teams to our employee business resource groups, have and will continue to help us achieve progress on this journey.
- Diversity embraces the full breadth of all people, their ideas, thoughts and perspectives, and a vast blend of organizational and human characteristics, experiences, needs and traditions of our people.
- Inclusion is demonstrated by a culture that fosters a sense of belonging to all members of the organization so that they are welcomed, respected and valued, as both human beings and business partners. Diversity and inclusion drive success across our company, and are an essential part of everything we do, every day.
We will achieve our diversity and inclusion goals by building on the following values:
- TRUST - We trust each other's opinions and decisions and proactively address diversity and inclusion opportunities and challenges. We assume positive intent.
- RESPECT - We approach each day with the determination to demonstrate dignity and respect for ourselves, coworkers, stakeholders and the communities we serve.
- KNOWLEDGE - We become effective allies for others by learning about cultures, traditions, and life experiences different from our own.
- AUTHENTICITY - We communicate in a clear, open and honest manner, with integrity and reflecting our commitment to diversity and inclusion principles and practices. We have the courage and conviction to speak up. We will not look the other way when something is wrong.
The PSEG Diversity and Inclusion Council is designed to support enterprise diversity and inclusion efforts at PSEG. Its membership reflects the diversity of the company, as it is comprised of employees who represent varied parts of the business, hold different levels of experience and service, and are of different ages, ethnicities, religions and of course, race and gender.
Council members are responsible for helping to educate and bring greater awareness of PSEG’s diversity and inclusion commitment to employees. Individually, they serve as role models who champion diverse perspectives and inclusive behaviors within their own work environment, and throughout the company at large.
PSEG believes that supplier diversity is good business and has established a supplier diversity process that supports the growth and increase of business with certified minority- and women-owned firms.
PSEG has been committed to supplier diversity for over twenty years with accumulative spend with minority- and women-owned businesses of more than $1 billion, that has strengthened the economy, encouraged job creation and built shareholder equity.
- 2016 Diversity Leader by Profiles in Diversity Journal.
- PSEG appeared on the 2015 “Top 50 Employers” in Equal Opportunity Magazine.
- PSEG ranked 19 in the nation on the Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers for 2016; moving up four spots from its 23rd-place ranking on the 2015 list. In 2014, the company earned a 29th place ranking on this list.
- In September of 2015, PSEG was presented with the Seven Seals Award by the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve for its commitment to military professionals and veterans. The Seven Seals Award is the broadest and most inclusive award given by the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve.
- PSEG received the Employer of the Year Award from the Joint Disability Issues Committee of the Newark and Essex County Workforce Investment Boards and the Newark Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (DVRS).
- In November of 2015, The New York and New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc. honored PSEG with its Local Corporation of the Year Award for having an exemplary supplier diversity program among local organizations.
- In October of 2015, PSEG was honored with Supplier Diversity Development Council Conference (SDDC) Economic Impact Award in recognition of its commitment to the economic growth and development of diverse businesses in the state of New Jersey.