Asset Protection & Preparedness
This area guides internal and external relationships and processes aimed at mitigating risk from terrorist acts, against, or in proximity to, PSEG's people and critical infrastructure assets. Corporate Security and Claims acts as the Company’s primary resource for Homeland Security matters. This includes:
- Developing and guiding the implementation of anti-terrorism policies and procedures.
- Issuing threat assessments and advisories.
- Interfacing with government authorities at the federal, state and local levels.
- Maintaining an intelligence-gathering and analysis capability.
- Training PSEG associates.
- Maintaining liaison with security personnel of other companies, especially from the energy sector, so as to meld intelligence and structure mutual aid in times of crisis and emergency.
When investigations are necessary, Corporate Security and Claims Specialists aptly handle this mission, coordinating with external as well as internal resources. Our Corporate Security and Claims Consultants conduct investigations on threats to employees, facilities along with thefts and intruders on company facilities. At the conclusion of many investigations, these Corporate Security and Claims Consultants make recommendations to management, aimed at strengthening internal controls and preventing similar adverse events from recurring. This team also:
Develops a physical security strategy for securing PSEG’s critical infrastructure.Conducts quarterly and semi-annual security assessments, and reports its findings to management, along with improvement recommendations.
We all recognize the necessity of having well thought out, and tested, business continuity and crisis management plans. It is a key part of our responsibility. The Business Continuity Planning & Crisis Management team develops and guides the Company’s Business Interruption Management Program, enabling PSEG’s ability to effectively respond to, and continue the operation of critical functions, in the aftermath of an unplanned interruption. Additionally, this team:Provides the governance for PSEG’s Crisis Management and Business Continuity programs and the centralized oversight and coordination of related IT Disaster Recovery, Life Safety & Evacuation, and Emergency Response efforts throughout the Company.
Tests crisis, continuity, and other emergency plans to ensure their effectiveness..